Carolyn Phillips, owner of Mixology Mixers will be live on NBC on August 9th at Noon! She will be mixing up The Mint Julep, a bourbon cocktail best known for being the signature drink of the Kentucky Derby.
Mint juleps are made with bourbon, fresh mint leaves, simple syrup, and crushed ice. To make a mint julep, follow these general steps:
- 2 1/2 oz bourbon
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 oz simple syrup (or to taste)
- Crushed ice
- In a sturdy glass or julep cup, muddle the mint leaves gently to release their flavor.
- Add the simple syrup to the glass and continue to muddle lightly to combine the flavors.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Pour the bourbon over the ice, and stir to mix the ingredients together.
- Top off the glass with more crushed ice, forming a mound on top.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Manes & Motions Therapeutic Riding Center in Middletown CT.
The segment is dedicated to promoting Manes & Motions Therapeutic Riding Center in Middletown and their upcoming annual fundraiser, Night at the Derby.
Proceeds from the Night at the Derby fundraiser support the operations of Manes & Motions. Instructors, volunteers, and therapy horses contribute positively to the well-being of children and adults living with cognitive, physical, behavioral, and psychological challenges through the benefits of equine-assisted activities.